Whatcom County Jail, WA Inmate Search, Mugshots, Prison Roster
Whatcom County Jail inmate locator: Bond, Post Date, Who's in jail, Mugshots, Warrant Comment, Warrant #, Booking Date, Court Record, Arrests, Code, Bond Information, Inmate List, Release Date, Bookings, Age.
Whatcom County Jail is located in Bellingham, Washington. The Corrections Bureau operates the Whatcom County Jail and the Interim Work Center.
The jail is a maximum-security facility responsible for the incarceration of approximately 245 prisoners daily. The Interim Work Center averages 130 minimum or low-medium custody and alternative corrections inmates.
Correction Deputies oversee the day to day operation of the jail including:
- Population control
- Medical care
- Prisoner transports
- Court security and appearances
Currently, the jail implements programs such as home detention, work crew and work release as alternatives to incarceration.
The address and phone number for Whatcom County Jail is as follows:
Whatcom County Jail
311 Grand Avenue
Bellingham, WA 98225
Inmate Resources for Family and Friends
Public Records Online Search
Criminal Records and Contact Info aggregated from real law enforcement agencies and government court houses.
To see who’s in jail in Whatcom County Jail, search the Whatcom County Jail Roster.
Search the roster, or the recent bookings, and when you click on an inmate’s name, you will see the following information:
- Their mugshot
- Their full name
- Their inmate number
- Their face
- Their gender
- Their ethnicity
- Their location
- Their charges
- Inmate histories
- Their bond amount (if applicable)
You can also search inmate releases here. This database is updated daily on who has been released from the jail.
Sending a Mail
Acceptable items for U.S. Mail delivery to include:
- letters in white envelopes and US Postal money orders (in US funds)
- newspaper clippings
- written documents forwarded for signature and legal mail between attorney and inmate.
All other items are considered contraband and will result in the envelope, and it contents, being returned to sender or investigated for criminal violation.
Incoming mail is distributed within 24 hours of receiving, excluding weekends and holidays.
Inmates are limited to no more than 20 pieces of mail in their cell at any time.
Incoming mail is opened and inspected for money and contraband.
Magazines and books must come directly from the publisher.
Buy food or supplies for an inmate:
Fund an Inmate's account:
You may add funds to an inmate's commissary account by going to the Touchpay website or visiting one of the kiosks in the jail.
Inmates are entitled to call their attorney and make one personal telephone call after the booking process is complete. Personal calls are collect, monitored, and recorded. Telephones are located in housing units and available 6:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. each day. Outgoing telephones are collect calls, and the receiver is responsible for the cost.
Work Center visiting is managed by a contract vendor Legacy. If you would like to call Legacy, their phone number is 1-888 729-4326.
At the Work Center, free visiting is allowed in the Lobby, but you must contact Legacy to schedule and it must be done four hours before the desired time you want to visit.
Sign up starts at 7:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. All visits end at the last time in each section.
Visiting times and systems are different for each facility.
- Visiting is based on the inmates housing, which can change. Refer to the Jail Roster for housing assignments.
- Inmates are responsible for informing visitors of their location
- Kitchen inmate workers may visit at any of the listed visiting hours in which the kitchen inmate worker is not scheduled to work.
- No recording devices or cell phones are allowed in our visiting areas.
- People coming into any of our facilities can be searched.
- Visiting will not be allowed between individuals when it is known that a current no-contact or restraining order exists.
- Inmates and/or visitors who violate jail regulations or Washington State law during a visit may have their visit terminated, lose the privilege of visiting and/or be subject to arrest.
- Each inmate at the Jail is allowed 1, 1-hour visit per week.
- Adult visitors must have current picture ID.
- Picture ID must include full name and date of birth.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian, unless they are coming to visit a parent.
- Unaccompanied minors visiting their parent must present a copy of their birth certificate.
Work Center only:
- Each inmate at the Interim Work Center is allowed 4, 15-minute visits per week.
- All visits and visitors are processed by Legacy Inmate Communications.
- A Legacy Friends and Family account is required for all visits.
- Visits must be scheduled at least 4 hours in advance.
- No immediate visits will be available.
- Inappropriate behavior by either the visitor or the inmate will result in suspension of visiting privileges.
|Sunday||8:00 AM to 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM to 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM|
Refer the map below to find the driving directions.