Winneshiek County Jail, IA Inmate Search, Mugshots, Prison Roster
Winneshiek County Jail offender locator: Description of Charges, Case Description, Court Type, Inmate List, Booking Date, Arrests, Bond, FileNo, Mugshots, Criminal Records, Warrant Comment, Charges, Release Date, Bookings, Booking Time, Alias, Address Given, Court, Current Housing Block, Grade, Who's in jail, Age, Offense Date, Alias.
Winneshiek County Jail is located in Decorah, Iowa.
According to Winneshiek County Sheriff’s Office website, their Detention Facility is to be a premier Corrections organization dedicated to public safety. Through ethical, innovative and professional leadership we will deliver superior services to the residents of Winneshiek County.
Here you find information on how to communicate with, visit with, and send money to current inmates in Winneshiek County Jail.
Inmate Resources for Family and Friends
Public Records Online Search
Criminal Records and Contact Info aggregated from real law enforcement agencies and government court houses.
To see the Winneshiek County Jail view, click here. You can either do an inmate search, or just search through the list of mugshots. Either way, you if you know someone serving time in Winneshiek County Jail, this is where you will find him or her.
Sending a Mail
When sending mail or a package to an inmate, address your envelope or package as follows:
Inmate Name and Number
400 Claiborne Drive, Decorah, IA, 52101
ALL incoming and outgoing inmate mail is subject to search. A valid return address is required on all incoming mail; if no return address is provided the incoming mail will be thrown away.
The Following Items are not allowed to be received via the Mail:
- Stickers and/labels.
- Holiday/Greeting/Birthday cards with music/vocalizations
- Pictures must be no larger than 4x6; mounted, framed, or Polaroid pictures are not allowed.
- No photographs exhibiting lewd, sexual, criminal behavior or gang-related behavior or writings. Photographs displaying genitals or exposed breasts are not authorized.
- No photos of inmates in jail or prison. No photos of large sums of money or any other activity that may appear to be illegal. Photos of children must be fully clothed.
- The ONLY certified, priority, or express mail that will be accepted will be from an attorney or courts.
- Anything that depicts or describes procedures for the construction of weapons, ammunition, bombs, chemical agents, or incendiary devices.
- Lipstick, lip gloss, crayon, marker, stickers, tape, corrective tape (white out), glitter pens, glue or paint are prohibited.
- Maps and laminated materials are prohibited.
- No bubble wrapped envelopes will be accepted.
Inmates may have money placed on their commissary accounts by making deposits to Commissary through the on-site cashier kiosk which accepts cash, credit card, or bank debit cards.
An Iowa driver's license is required to use a debit or credit card.
Funds may also be applied online at AccessCorrections.com or by phone at (866) 345-1884. Funds need to be applied by Tuesday & Thursday at midnight in order for the inmate to make the next store.
Money orders contained in inmate mail will be returned to sender.
All phone calls from the Winneshiek County Jail, regardless of location, will be collect, pre-paid or credit card calls.
Phone calls from the booking area are free. All calls are subject to monitoring and/or recording. Inmates will be provided PIN numbers in order to make phone calls.
Phone services are provided through GTL (Global-Tel Link) and if there is a phone issue, you must contact GTL at (800) 483-8314.
There are three easy ways to use Offender Connect to create accounts and make deposits:
- Online at www.offenderconnect.com
- AdvancePay prepaid telephone account deposit (800) 483-8314
- Deposit cash ($5, $10, $20, $50, $100 bills) into the kiosk located in the Municipal building lobby.
Inmates must be incarcerated 30 days before visitation is allowed.
Winneshiek County Jail’s week begins on Monday and ends on Sunday.
Visitation appointments can be made by calling 563-382-4268, 563-382-4096 Monday - Friday from 8:00am – 11:00am and from 12:00pm – 3:00pm the week prior to the actual visit.
Visitation appointments are on a first come, first serve basis. Inmates are allowed up to three different visitors per visitation day. Once a visitor is on the list and given a visitation time, no changes will be made.
Substitutions on visitation day will not be permitted for any reason. Visitors must arrive 10-15 minutes prior to scheduled visitation time.
Valid state or government issued identification is required to enter the visitation area.
Anyone under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol will not be permitted.
Visitors who miss three scheduled inmate visitation appointments may be suspended from visitation privileges for up to thirty (30) days.
Inmates are responsible for informing their visitors about visitation regulations. The Winneshiek County Jail reserves the right to restrict any person from entering the jail.
|Sunday||7:30 Am to 2:30 PM|
|Monday||7:30 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Tuesday||7:30 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Wednesday||7:30 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Thursday||7:30 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Friday||7:30 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Saturday||7:30 Am to 2:30 PM|
Refer the map below to find the driving directions.